Search Preference Setting For Blogger Blogs (Very Important)
|Search Preference Setting For Blogger Blogs (Very Important)|
So I highly recommended you to set the “Search Preference” settings of your blog very carefully according to the given guide.
Meta Tags are very important for the webmasters because they can provide information about their sites to the search engines. Meta Tags can also be used to provide information about all kind of clients and system processes.
Description of your blog must be very finite so that people can recognize about your blog is about.
To add a description of your blog click on the Edit button in front of Description option enter the description about your blog and click on the “Save Changes” button. Remember you cannot use more than 150 characters for your blog’s description.
Errors and re directions
Error and Re-directions are used to remove error pages from your site.
This option has further two options: –
- Custom Page Not Found
|Custom Page Not Found|
- Custom Redirects
To add a custom redirect for your blog click on the Edit button in front of Custom Redirects. Enter one URL in the from field (without including your domain name) for example, if you want to redirect www.itechgyd.com/2016/05/create-blog-using-blogger.html then add /2016/05/create-blog-using-blogger.html in the from field while in the to field add the URL (without your domain name) which will be shown for example /2016/09/create-blog.html. Finally tick the Permanent field and save changes.
Crawlers and indexing
Crawlers and indexing tools are very useful for making our blog visible on the Search Results it is one of the best tools for the increasing the ranking. It is very useful for indexing our blogs and blog posts.
In the top paragraphs of this article I have told you some settings can also remove your blog from the search results. Crawlers and indexing are that settings so be careful about these settings.
Robots.txt file is also very important for search engines, it is used to provide instruction to different search engines and also enable or disables some search engines from accessing your site. Moreover, it also tells the web crawlers how to crawl your site’s contents.
Different parts of the sitemaps
- User-agent: Mediapartners-Google “This is for the media partners of the Google”
- Disallow: “The URLs which are to be added in front of Disallow: will not be crawled or indexed e.g. if you want to disable a specific page of your blog then type /p/page-address.html in the same way if you want to blog a post then add /post-address.html”
- User-agent: * “When we add a start sign in front of User-agent: it represents the name of all search engines e.g. Google bot, Yahoo & Bing and Yandex etc. all are represented”
- Disallow: /search “Now your label’s URLs (http://www.itechgyd.com/search/label/Blogger) will not be indexed it is very useful for Blogger blogs. It prevents your label pages from indexing and you prevent from duplicated contents”
- Allow: / “Everything which will be added in from of Allow: will be crawled and indexed here / (Slash) means every URL of your blog which contains / (Slash)”
- Sitemap: “Here you have to enter the sitemap of your blog. If you do not know then just replace the itechgyd.com from this URL https://itechgyd.com/sitemap.xml”
Custom Robots Header Tags
These tags are extremely important it must be enabled for every blog but choosing wrong options may also remove your blog from the search engines and can create critical problems for you.
First, select the Enable custom Robots header tags by clicking on the YES option.
|Custom Robots Header Tags|
- Tick on All “This will index your whole homepage”
- Tick on NOODP “NOODP stands for No Open Directory Project. It is used by the Google, Yahoo and other search engines so that website owners can use their own meta descriptions not take it from the DMOZ.”
- Achievers and Search Pages:
- Tick on noindex “By doing so your achieves and search pages will not be indexed which will prevent duplication of your contents and URL in search engines”
- Tick on NOODP “It is used to tell the search engines to use the owners meta description not from DMOZ.”
- Default for Posts and Pages:
- Tick on All “This action will index your all posts and pages automatically.”
- Tick on NOODP “It is used to tell the search engines to use the author’s provided description for all posts and pages”
That’s it you have done.
Now you just need to wait and look how your blog’s traffic will boost because now all duplicated URLs which was indexed in the Search Engines especially in Google.com will be removed and your site’s ranking will be increased.